Company: Ohio Wesleyan University
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Ohio Wesleyan University (www.owu.edu), a selective, private,
undergraduate liberal arts, residential institution founded in 1842
and is located just 20 miles north of Columbus, is seeking dynamic,
skilled candidates for the position of Electrician. This is a full
time, hourly position with benefits!
Under the general supervision of the Maintenance Director or
designee, the Electrician maintains records, installs, repairs,
modifies and maintains electrical systems and equipment.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND RESPONSABILITIES:
- Maintain records, pertinent data, and spare parts inventory and
anticipate future needs.
- Install, repair, modify, and maintain electrical distribution
equipment, fixtures, control equipment, conduit, and wiring; and
maintain all electrical distribution systems including high and low
- Conform with codes, rules, regulations, and safety standards
associated with the trade
- Perform preventative maintenance inspections on installed
equipment or systems to detect hazards and need for adjustments,
relocations or replacement, and repair equipment or systems as
- Use electrical testing equipment as required such as ammeters,
oscilloscopes, testing lamps and others, as required.
- May exercise functional supervision and instruction of others
in installation and maintenance methods.
- While in the performance of routine duties; may be required, as
needed to perform all work associated with all maintenance trades
of an equal or lower graded classification, where the work or task
does not require a specific license.
- Ability to operate snow removal equipment or a willingness to
learn .Perform snow removal operations that includes maintaining
roadways and walkways.
- Be available for rotational emergency call-in, normally every
- Current Ohio Electrical License preferred
- Current Ohio license for installation and repair of fire alarm
- 3 years working experience as a journeyperson Electrician or
FACTORS CONTRIBUTING TO SUCCESS:
- Thorough knowledge of methods, tools, and practices used in the
- Thorough knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions
particular to the trade
- Good communication skills and ability to work effectively with
- Near visual acuity, skill in interpreting technical literature,
blueprints, drawings and manufacturer's instructions
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- May perform work in all University facilities and is subject to
possible exposure to chemicals, gases, electrical shock; may work
in confined spaces on ladders.
- Ability to perform physically arduous tasks; normal dexterity,
visual acuity, ability to lift up to 50 lbs., ability to climb and
work from ladders and scaffolding, and work in confined areas.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Ohio Wesleyan University offers a rewarding place to work! To
discover why this should be your next work home, visit our website.
Learn more about our benefits at Discover our Benefits.
As an equal opportunity institution, OWU has a commitment to
diversity, equity, inclusion, and anti-racism. We do not
discriminate on any basis including: race, religion, color,
culture, national origin, sex and/or sexual orientation, gender,
gender identity and/or expression, age, marital status, veteran
status, disability status, economic barriers, or any other legally
NOTE: Employment sponsorship is not available for this position.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United
States. OWU requires COVID-19 vaccination of all employees.
Candidates who accept offers of employment must be able to provide
proof of their vaccination status before their employment can be
Click to apply today!
Keywords: Ohio Wesleyan University, Columbus , Electrician, Professions , Delaware, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!