Instrument Technician II- 2nd Shift Nutrition - Columbus, OH
Company: Abbott Laboratories
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more
fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing
technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading
businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices,
nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues
serve people in more than 160 countries.Instrumentation Technician
II Our Nutrition business develops science-based nutrition products
for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to
keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around
the world count on our leading brands - including Similac -,
PediaSure -, Pedialyte -, Ensure -, Glucerna - and ZonePerfect - -
to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.
Our R&D location in Columbus, OH currently has an opportunity
for an -Instrumentation Technician II for our 2nd shift. - In
Research & Development (R&D) our ambition is providing
innovative high-quality products, creating sustainable value,
delivering superior user experience and enhancing health outcomes
at all stages of life.WHAT YOU'LL DO
- This position is for our 2nd shift operation.
- Respond to machine breakdowns due to electrical malfunctions or
- Conduct preventative maintenance tasks for all electrical
equipment and instruments.
- Install and troubleshoot new and modified equipment.
- Follow calibration procedures to calibrate all the instruments
in the plant calibration program.
- Work well with minimal supervision.
- Follow all plant and department procedures, GMPs and general
plant safety rules.
- Keep all work areas clean and neat.
- Record and communicate shift activity in an organized
- Be trained on lockout/tag out procedures.
- Provide support to primary plant operations.
- Total plant equipment coverage include: aseptic filling,
processing, packaging, sterilization and utilities where
- Assignments include: responding to equipment emergencies;
troubleshooting system input/outputs and multiple sensing devices;
communicating routinely with line personnel and supervision to
maintain production schedule; communicating potential equipment
problems to production and maintenance supervisors to allow
scheduling of repairs; performing routine instrument calibrations
(flow, pressure and temperature); and finding analog control values
in the PLC logic programming.
- Responsible for calibrating, troubleshooting, repairing/
maintaining the electrical equipment and instruments.
- Accurately complete calibration records in compliance with all
corporate and site requirements.
- Maintaining and troubleshooting problems and AC drive systems
and PLCs. The technician should be able to access and interpret PLC
logic via a laptop computer or desktop station using the
appropriate communication language. Primary PLCs in the plant
include, but are not limited to: Allan Bradley, Modicon and the
associated communication packages.
- The technician should be able to install and wire an AC
- The technician should be able to access the PLC logic,
interpret the sequence of events, troubleshoot problems with the
logic and make corrections. Minimum Education/Professional
- High School Diploma or GED and two-years mechanical /
electrical technical degree or equivalent experience. WHAT WE OFFER
- At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great
career. We offer:
- A fast-paced work environment where your safety is our
- Production areas that are clean, well-lit and
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for
new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives
and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental,
vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial
performance and history of being actively involved in local
communitiesLearn more about our benefits that add real value to
your life to help you live fully: - Follow your career aspirations
to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides
the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal
Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity. Connect with
us at , on Facebook at and on Twitter @AbbottNews and
Keywords: Abbott Laboratories, Columbus , Instrument Technician II- 2nd Shift Nutrition - Columbus, OH, Professions , Columbus, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!