Senior Actuarial Analyst
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Senior Actuarial Analyst (Property & Casualty Insurance)
Branch was founded with a mission to restore insurance back to its
original intent - a force for communal good. To that end, were hard
at work revolutionizing Home and Auto insurance, making it simpler
to buy and actually built to save people money. Our team is
venture-backed, natively remote, and growing fast.
About the Senior Actuarial Analyst role
Were seeking a Senior Actuarial Analyst to join our fast-paced,
high energy, growing company. This role is responsible for
executing projects in support of pricing insurance business
utilizing accepted actuarial and statistical standards, as well as
methodologies and knowledge gained through on the job training.
This role works closely with our analytics team and key business
partners to executive appropriate pricing, modeling, and product
strategies to support business goals.
- Preparing, performing, analyzing and reviewing actuarial
- Creating basic loss and expense reserve analysis
- Developing and improving rate level indications and making rate
- Investigating data anomalies and ensuring quality of data is
appropriate for intended use.
- Preparing regulatory filings for rate changes with the State
- Reviewing specific components of company rating plans, and
performing specialized reviews as requested by management.
- Determining the relationship of price to risk. Determining
factors, formulas, and characteristics of risks as they relate to
the policy premium.
- Information analysis, interpretation and reporting necessary to
support contracting initiatives and decisions.
- Act as a resource or supervisor for colleagues with less
- You have a Bachelors Degree, preferably in a related field of
study such as actuarial science, math / applied math, statistics /
- 2-4 years of Actuarial experience
- Pursuing Actuarial designation with 4+ exams completed.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong technical skills (Excel, SQL, R), preferred but not
- Experience with rate level indications and rate filings,
preferred but not required
- Solid product, price, risk management and insurance knowledge,
including professional standards of actuarial/statistical
techniques, preferred but not required
- Work effectively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
More about Branch
In addition to base, you will also be eligible for Branchs growing
benefits program which currently includes:
- Health insurance for you and your family.
- A $150/month contribution to a Health Savings Account (HSA),
administered by Branch
- Managing your own time off (no paid time off program,
allocation or fixed days off)
- Prime Real Estate benefits with the opportunity to choose
between native remote work or in-person work in Columbus, or
- Immediate participation in Branchs 401K with profit sharing
potential At Branch we are deeply committed to community. As such,
we are an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment
including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge,
will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business
needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical
or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic
information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under
federal, state, or local law.by Jobble
Keywords: Branch, Columbus , Senior Actuarial Analyst, Professions , Columbus, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!