BIM / CAD Specialist - Mechanical / Plumbing
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Design and prepare complete and accurate drawings and revisions for
industrial projects, integrating skilled architectural/engineering
drafting methods and procedures with the operation and application
of CAD equipment and software in the construction industry.
This role will focus primarily on the Mechanical and Plumbing
aspects of Water/Wastewater Treatment plants.
Very little (almost no) travel to project sites is required and it
will be based out of our Westerville Corporate Headquarters.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Design and prepare detailed electronic CAD/BIM working plans,
charts and/or scale drawings for complex projects from observation,
measurements, sketches and specifications
- Interface with departmental personnel to obtain details of
equipment and materials requirements
- Prepare electronic layouts, charts, detailed scale drawings,
and material and equipment bill-of-material requirements from
sketches, specifications, and standard layouts provided by
customers, consultants, and/or departmental contacts
- Review and manipulate electronic files received from
consultants and departmental contacts
- Revise CAD drawings and plans to represent "as-built"
Education and Experience:
- Experience with AutoCAD Programs (including AutoCAD Plant 3D
and Civil 3D), Navisworks, and Microsoft Office products
- Previous 3D modeling and/or construction detailing experience
- Plant 3D experience is a strong plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Self motivated
- Proficiency in the use of 3D modeling and drafting
- Ability to read construction plans
- Math, time management, and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Offer constructive feedback and direction to support goals
- Strong communication skills both oral and written
Benefits: Kokosing offers a competitive compensation and benefits
package including medical, life, and disability insurance, paid
time off and a 401K plan.
Kokosing is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action
federal and state contractor. The company does not discriminate on
the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any
other protected class
We are a family-owned company, offering clients the accessibility
of a local firm, with the stability and resources of the largest
contractor in the Midwest. Leveraging the individual strengths of
our companies, we collectively provide clients with more resources,
capability, experience and value than any other self-performing
contractor. Project range includes buildings, heavy
civil/industrial, marine, material supply, natural gas, pipelines,
power, transportation, and water/wastewater facilities.
Keywords: Kokosing, Columbus , BIM / CAD Specialist - Mechanical / Plumbing, Professions , Columbus, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!