Company: The Mennel Milling Company
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionTitle: Shipping Coordinator Department: Logistics
– Mennel Bakery Mix and FoodserviceReports To: Refer to location
organizational chart SUMMARY: This position coordinates shipping
procedures along with transportation for Mennel items in a safe and
timely manner. This position will sustain the Mission and Motto and
Food Safety and Quality Statement of the Mennel Milling Company.
PRIMARY WORK SHIFT: Monday through Friday 8AM – 5PM. Will vary,
depending on workload, and on-call, as needed. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual
must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or
- Follow all food and personal safety rules and regulations in
respect to GMP's, OSHA, HACCP, the Global Food Safety Initiative,
the US FDA Food Safety Modernization Act as stated in the FS&Q
Statement, and sanitation guidelines as set forth by the company as
listed in Corporate Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) and attend
all required training sessions. Maintain the department/facility in
an everyday audit ready condition.
- Monitors and maintains group email mailboxes associated with
- Schedules transportation for Mennel finished goods to end use
- Assigns orders for on time shipping to customers within the
- Works with transport companies to deliver products accurately
and on time to customers.
- Suggests and arranges new transportation options to ensure
customer needs are met.
- Manages documentation associated with shipping processes.
- Documents all actions by handling logs and records and managing
information on forms.
- Conducts physical inventories to determine losses and identify
stocks for shipment while working with warehouse staff to meet
- Compiles shipping orders and ensure appropriate compliance with
- Prepares special orders for products not in stock for
- Brokers freight with third party carriers, as needed.
- Works with freight load boards to match deliveries with
carriers when needed.
- Assists in updating and developing policies and procedures to
aid in the most efficient shipping processes.
- Investigates and reports warehouse inventory/operational
- Provides user feedback of system upgrades, improvements, and
- Documents system processes and updating SOPs and OPLs.
- Acts as a backup to other warehousing team members, as
- Other duties may be assigned. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:This
position has no supervisory duties. QUALIFICATIONS: The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required to perform this job
- A minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 2 years of warehouse experience preferred.
- Experience with brokering truck freight and load board
- Strong customer service and organization skills.
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and
confidential situations and documentation.
- Ability to communicate and work with cross functional
- Self-directed with the ability to make decisions as needed to
meet customer expectations.
- Ability to operate most standard office equipment.
- Attention to detail in composing, typing, and proofing
materials, establishing priorities, and meeting deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. LANGUAGE
SKILLS:Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short
correspondence, memos, procedures, and plans. Ability to write,
complete checklists and other basic documentation and
correspondence. Ability to effectively present information or data
in one-on-one and small group situations to co-workers,
supervisors, and managers. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add,
subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole
numbers, common fractions, and decimals. REASONING ABILITY:Must use
solid judgment when making decisions. Must have ability to quickly
recognize and plan for changing work duties and events. PHYSICAL
DEMANDS:The physical demands described here are representative of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job: While performing the duties of
this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use
hands to perform maintenance tasks, reach with hands and arms;
climb or balance; stoop, kneel, twist, crouch, or crawl, and talk
or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50
pounds or more. Specific vision abilities required by this job
include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception, and ability to adjust focus. WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work
environment characteristics described here are representative of
those an employee encounters while performing the essential
functions of this job: While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly exposed to conditions that are typical to an
office environment but may be required to perform minor tasks in
the manufacturing areas. Work involves exposure to common wheat
Keywords: The Mennel Milling Company, Columbus , Shipping Coordinator, Professions , Caledonia, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!