Company: Schwebel Baking Company
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionThe Schwebel Baking Company is seeking qualified
individuals for our production supervisor positions in our bakery.
This position is responsible for the production (to include
packaging) of food products in an efficient manner, at an
acceptable level of quality, and service to sales on time.
Summery of Essential Job Functions:Supervises and coordinates
activities of workers engaged in producing quality products
- Must have prior bakery and supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and train employees within a
team oriented environment.
- Willingness to work varied shifts, including nights, weekends,
- Must have a solid foundation in food processing manufacturing
- Union plant experience preferred.
- Strong communication, human relations, and safety awareness
skills are essential.
- Working knowledge of computers, including MS office
- A minimum of 4 years manufacturing experience required
- A minimum of 4 years of people management experience
- Demonstrates knowledge of mechanical and maintenance
- Demonstrates experience managing, leading and influencing
- Knowledge of process safety and manufacturing safety protocols
is required Requirements
- Willingness to work a schedule that most effectively supports
- Strong troubleshooting skills will be needed.
- Ability to work with a manufacturing leadership team,
technicians, engineers and equipment manufacturers.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to train technicians and explain difficult technical
material in a way that is understood and executed.
- Able to meet all safety expectations including wearing the
required personal protective equipment (PPE) and following all safe
- Ability to support off shift by taking calls as needed
- Ability to flex to off shifts as needed to support
- Perform their roles and responsibilities in a safe manner
- Able to lift objects up to 50 pounds periodically
- Capable of standing on a concrete floor for a significant
amount of time during an 8- or 12- hour period
- Able to work with and around cleaning chemicals and may perform
some cleaning duties
- Able to work in areas of extreme temperatures(hot/cold)
- Able to give and discern the various visual and audible alarms
and signals for equipment operation, evacuation, fires, etc.
- Follows and enforces programs and procedures outlines in the
Food Safety and Quality Manual to support compliance with the FSSC
220000 for Food Safety and other third party audits.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager.Additional
RequirementsSchwebel's will only employ those who are legally
authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer
of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a
background investigation and drug screen.BenefitsThe Schwebel
Baking Company offers a competitive pay package that includes but
is not limited to; Health Insurance which includes Dental/Vision/RX
care, paid vacation and personal leave, short and long-term
disability, and a company 401K plan. #INDSBCEEOThe Schwebel Baking
Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are
made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic
origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics
protected by law.Powered by JazzHR1LRtdzRM9K
Keywords: Schwebel Baking Company, Columbus , Production Supervisor, Professions , Hebron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!