Plant Controller - Hilliard, OH Job
Company: Armstrong World Industries
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Primary location: Hilliard, Ohio
Relocation offered: No
Employment status: Full-Time
Salary: $72,020 to $123,140 (based on skills and years of relevant
What does it mean to work at Armstrong?
It means being immersed in a supportive culture that recognizes you
as a key player in Armstrong's future. We are a large company with
a local feel, where you will get to know and collaborate with
leadership and your colleagues across the company.
By joining us, you'll have the opportunity to make the most of your
potential. Alongside a competitive remuneration package, you will
- A benefits package including: medical, dental, prescription
drug, life insurance, 401k match, long-term disability coverage,
vacation and sick time and many more.
- Personal development to grow your career with us based on your
strengths and interests.
- A working culture that balances individual achievement with
teamwork and collaboration. We draw on each other's strengths and
allow for different work styles to build engagement and
satisfaction to deliver results.
Under the general direction of the Senior Manager Finance, Mineral
Fiber Manufacturing and Hilliard Plant Manager, this position is
accountable for the consolidated summary and reporting of the
plant's production and financial performance based on standard
costs and budgets, and provides analysis and consultation on the
financial impact of current results as well as projected actions.
This person will be a key member of the Plant Leadership Team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other
duties may be assigned.
- Actively involved in the plant safety system with the Safety
Leadership Team and as a member of the Safety Coaching team
- Inventory control and reconciliation, including reviewing or
auditing the adherence to cycle count procedures and leading the
annual physical inventory/fixed asset control.
- Prepares detailed monthly forecasts for the full year based
upon production drivers and key performance metrics at the
- Analyzes plant operating results, interprets results and
recommends a plan of action to improve financial performance (5
- Manages the plant telephone system and the local area network
w/ support from the Corporate network team
- Performs all the month end financial closing
- Leads regular cost review meetings to update plant organization
on trends, opportunities and needs
- Ensures plant conformance to corporate property accounting
policies and procedures
- Ensures the integrity of and accurate valuation of the plant's
- Prepares and develops the annual plant budget, including
developing standards and updating the standards and period expense
budgets in SAP.
- Develops and maintains non-financial measures in the
manufacturing performance measurement system
- Prepares and coordinates a variety of special studies as needed
on process improvement opportunities, capital appropriations,
- Oversees the manufacturing control processes to support the
monthly closing, perpetual inventory, standard cost development and
- Responsible for implementation of Plant Internal Control
procedures and guidance to plant personnel on the preparation of
Plant Practices & Procedures
- Conducts mini plant audits to insure compliance with corporate
- Analyzes, and communicates both financial and non-financial
performance on a continuing basis
- Trains and assists plant personnel on the proper reporting of
- Generate or quantify cost savings opportunities and support the
plant management team in the implementation of Lean or cost
- Assists with the capital process including review of capital
project requests, identifying obsolescence and project expenses,
preparing financial justifications and ensuring timely creation of
assets in SAP
- Responds quickly and accurately to customer requests including
special projects, NPD requests and other duties or analysis as
requested by plant or divisional leadership.
Travel - Minimal; less than 5%
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and organizational
- Capable of working independently and managing multiple
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the
ability to share knowledge effectively at appropriate levels of the
- Customer-focused with strong attention to detail and capable of
delivering accurate, quality results in a timely, consistent and
- Solid interpersonal and team-building skills including the
ability to interact comfortably and respectfully with all levels of
plant and corporate personnel
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Proficiency with SAP
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance
- 3+ years of accounting/finance experience in a manufacturing
environment or in public accounting, including experience in
standard costing, cost accounting, inventory control, monthly
closing and reporting/analysis
- Prior experience in managing others either in a project/team or
direct reporting relationship, with proven ability to successfully
manage and resolve conflict
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- CMA, CPA or other professional certification
- See Professional (Grade 7-14) competencies
Physical and Mental Demands
The demands described here are representative of those that must be
met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions
of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to: sit for prolonged periods; repetitive motion of
hands/wrists/fingers; concentrate and repeat the same physical or
mental activities over and over; think analytically and be exact or
highly accurate; make decisions such as to identify complex
problems, develop options and implement solutions; work in a team;
ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with
the ADAAA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards; pay
attention to and remember details; communicate effectively
including active listening to understand points being made, and
asking appropriate questions and not interrupting inappropriately;
speak to convey information effectively; write to communicate
effectively as appropriate for the needs of the audience; read to
understand work related documents; move between different physical
locations within and between buildings; and push, pull, carry and
lift in the normal course of travel.
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. Requires working indoors in environmentally controlled
conditions with standard level of noise common to an office
environment including office equipment and co-workers speaking to
each other and on phones. Employees are required to wear personal
protective equipment when entering the floor of manufacturing
facilities based on the specific requirements of each location.
Why should you join Armstrong World Industries?
Armstrong World Industries (AWI) is a leader in the design and
manufacture of innovative commercial and residential ceiling, wall
and suspension system solutions in the Americas. With approximately
$1B in revenue, AWI has about 2,500 employees and a manufacturing
network of fifteen facilities in North America.
At home, at work, in healthcare facilities, classrooms, stores, or
restaurants, we offer interior solutions that help to enhance
comfort, save time, improve building efficiency and overall
performance, and create beautiful spaces.
For more than 150 years, we have built our business on trust and
integrity. It set us apart then, and it sets us apart now, along
with our ability to collaborate with and innovate for the people
we're here to serve - our customers, our shareholders, our
communities and our employees.
We are committed to developing new and sustainable ceiling
solutions, with design and performance possibilities that make a
positive difference in spaces where we live, work, learn, heal and
play. It's an exciting, rewarding business to be in, and we're
committed to continue to grow and prosper for the benefit of all of
our stakeholders. We hope you join us.
Our Sustainability Ambition
"Bringing our Purpose to Life" - lead a transformation in the
design and building of spaces fit for today and tomorrow.
We are committed to:
- Engaging a diverse, purpose-driven workforce;
- Transforming buildings from structures that shelter into
structures that serve and preserve the health and well-being of
people and planet;
- Pursuing sustainable, innovative solutions for spaces where we
live, work, learn heal and play;
- Being a catalyst for change with all of our stakeholders;
and..... click apply for full job details
Keywords: Armstrong World Industries, Columbus , Plant Controller - Hilliard, OH Job, Professions , Hilliard, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!