Plant Support Associate
Company: The Timken Company
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the
ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken.
Our associates make the world more productive by improving the
efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in
motion.PRIMARY FUNCTION: Performs a variety of material handling
and other miscellaneous duties to support the Bucyrus Bearing
Plant. Essential Responsibilities:
- Transports tubing, forgings, in-process stock, finished product
and other supplies around and between plants, performs related
duties such as stacking pallets with forklift, picking up debris
along roadways, collecting and disposing of hazard waste and
debris, keeping equipment and work areas clean and orderly.
- Spot check weights once per month on steel bundles, keeps track
of monthly color codes on steel so older steel is used first.
- Enters steel and forgings into MRP system, operates bar code
scanner and enters into computer, fills out issue sheet, receipt
sheet, return to stock and inventory move.
- Loads steel tubes into stock racks and inserts coolant plugs.
Removes steel tubes from machines or stock racks as required.
- Attends chip disposal equipment for removal of chips from screw
machines. Lifts, transports, and dumps chip baskets into auger for
removal to semi-trailers. Levels chips in trailer using rake.
- Clears jams in sluceways, removes chips from screens in pits,
cleans chips from augers and shaker conveyor, maintains skimmers
using rake, chip hook and shovel.
- Relocates production trailers between plants and moves chip
trailers to drain pad using semi-tractor.
- Attends to swarf disposal at finish buildings' hydromation.
Repair wood and concrete floors, etc. using jackhammer, post hole
digger, shovels, hatchets, etc.
- Changes heat treat quench oil filters. Services equipment with
fuel, oil, water, and change batteries as required.
- Assist mechanics moving machines, equipment and during
- Removes ice and snow using truck, tractor, salt spreader, snow
thrower, shovel, etc. Keeps equipment and work area clean and
orderly. Required Education/Functional Skills:
- Work experience in manufacturing environment
- Ability to operate Powered Industrial Trucks
- Basic math and computer skills, knowledge of SAP is
- Ability to work both indoors and outdoors
- Proven record of reliable attendance, strong work ethic and
- Must have high school or general equivalency diploma (GED)
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. All qualified applicants
shall be treated equally according to their individual
qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment
standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender
identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age,
disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any
other basis protected by applicable law.
Keywords: The Timken Company, Columbus , Plant Support Associate, Professions , Bucyrus, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!