Career Consultant - Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities
Company: Goodwill Industries
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Career Consultant - Opportunities for Ohioans with
1331 Edgehill Rd, Columbus, OH 43212, USA
Tuesday, August 2, 2022
With the understanding that business and employers are key
customers of the workforce development system, apply knowledge of
modern job search, recruitment and retention strategies to assist
participants with disabilities and other barriers to develop
necessary skills to obtain, maintain and advance in competitive
employment in the context of the participants' individualized
Essential Job Functions
- Understand the process and assist individuals to identify
goals, to build skills, as well as prepare for, search for, obtain,
retain, advance, and change employment.Deliver and apply knowledge
of modern job search, recruitment and retention strategies to
assist participants in achieving career goals.Provide customer with
career exploration and job development skills.Access, analyze, and
use local, state, and national electronic and non-electronic labor
market information delivery systems and databases to assist
participants to explore, set and achieve goals.
- Identify the kinds of information individuals need, including
assessment, to assist participants to make realistic career
decisions, and direct participants to the information as well as
developing training plans that address employer needs and
- Provide direct job coaching and training to individuals with
disabilities and other barriers before, during and after site
placement.Demonstrate and teach specific on-the-job duties and
soft-skills such as work ethic, communication, work performance,
and reliability.Discuss concerns and accomplishments, set up
reasonable accommodations, and serve as a liaison between the
customer and employer.Communicate with site to ensure
- Develop job leads and internship opportunities with prospective
employers.Identify and refer suitable and appropriate candidates
that meet employers hiring needs.
- Speak the language of business and the employer marketplace.
Understand that business and employers are key customers of the
workforce development system.
- Demonstrate knowledge of federal, state, and local workforce
development programs, funding guidelines, and workforce development
codes.Interpret current laws and structure to deliver appropriate
services and understand how their own work impacts the system's
- Possess analytical and observation skills that coupled with
knowledge and information can lead to effective problem-solving
assistance. Seek additional resources when needed for problem
resolution. Takes action required to prevent problem reoccurrence.
Takes personal responsibility for solving problems.
- Apply principles of caseload management to successfully work
with large numbers of people.Use indicators and established
instruments to evaluate and document program performance and
outcomes.Maintain accurate reports to document the progress of each
customer.Utilize database management systems to accurately input
and summarize data.
- Create an environment that enables all individuals to
contribute to their fullest potential. Identify and implement
innovative methods and adapt materials to meet needs of and deliver
services to diverse or special populations.
- Identify customer needs and expectations to create positive
customer satisfaction. Listen to and respond quickly to customer
concerns and solicit feedback, protect customer
confidentiality.Display empathy and caring.Make appropriate
Ancillary Job Functions
- Facilitate customers' transition to competitive
employment.Coordinate necessary interviews, assessments, and
- Transport individuals to and from job search activities, as
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience - An equivalent combination of education,
training and experience will be considered.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Services, Human Resources,
Education, or Counseling, or the equivalent combination of
education and experience with a minimum of four years of experience
in Workforce Development, Outplacement, Recruitment, or Vocational
- Requires certification in CPR and First Aid as well as crisis
intervention training, as needed.
- Must have valid OH driver's license and personal auto
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities which may be representative, but
not all-inclusive of those commonly associated with this
- Engage customers, colleagues, agencies, and partner associates
in a positive, professional manner.
- Communicate with internal and external customers. Ask questions
for clarification. Share information in a timely manner. Use
communication skills and teamwork to maximize
- Value and demonstrate public relations skills and marketing
skills. Leverage resources from both internal and external
- Understand the basic principles of teamwork and actively
participates in team activities
- Values the development of professional networks.Knowledge of
business-to-business relationship building and sales, marketing,
and business principals.
- Must have good listening skills and ability to coach
participants for job success.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, Outlook) and basic office equipment/machines.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work as well as
concentrate on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and make responsible
- Ability to use good judgment and think quickly and rationally
in difficult or stressful situations.
Work Environment - Environmental or atmospheric conditions commonly
associated with the performance of the functions of this job.
- General office conditions.Exposed to moderate noise levels.
Physical Abilities that are commonly associated with the
performance of the functions of this job.The physical demands
described below are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Light sedentary office work, such as typing, speaking on the
phone, and using a computer to enter data.
- Must be able to sit, stand and/or walk for extended periods of
- Must be able to have repetitive wrist, hand and/or finger
movement to type and work on computer.
- Must have finger dexterity and hand-eye coordination to work on
computer, telephone, and related office equipment.
- Be able to occasionally lift up to 15 pounds
- Be able to travel, as needed.
- Regular attendance is a necessary and essential function.
Keywords: Goodwill Industries, Columbus , Career Consultant - Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities, Professions , Columbus, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!