Production Trainee - $1,500 signing bonus
Company: Materials Science International, Inc.
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Overview: Columbus, Ohio based Materials Science International
(MSI), an ISO 9001 certified company, is a growing world class
manufacturer that supports a variety of industries including
automotive, aerospace, and architectural and industrial glass,
among others. Manufacturing is our core business and has been since
we were founded in 1981. Our 25 associates work 2 shifts at our two
southwest Columbus facilities (combined 75,000 sq ft).
Position Summary: The Production Trainee will support MSI
manufacturing operations on 1st shift (Mon. - Fri. from 6:00 - 2:30
p.m.) Starting wage is between $18.00 and $24.00 per hour depending
Salary, Benefits, and Advancement Opportunities: MSI pays
competitive hourly wages based on previous experience for the
position. Benefits for a full-time employee include health, dental
and vision insurance, paid vacation and holidays, and a company
MSI values our employees and seeks to promote from within. The
majority of our team of employees has been with MSI for years.
There is no greater testament of our workplace than the average
employee tenure is 12 years mainly because of our strong team
atmosphere. We are seeking safety minded individuals with basic
math skills. An understanding of shop practices is a plus. Our
skilled, patient, and knowledgeable team will train you in the
following areas using a formal development program.
Depending on your training position, development will focus on the
- Responsible for operating and maintaining equipment.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Maintain proper identification and proper handling of
- Mechanical abilities are very helpful.
- Always maintain safe work practices and environment.
- Keep assigned area and tools organized and clean at all
- Perform assigned tasks in a timely and orderly manner.
- Must be willing to learn various machines throughout the
- Additional duties are assigned by leads and
- Ability to troubleshoot machine quality and productivity
- Prepare materials for upcoming orders.
- Ability to use basic hand tools and power tools.
- Follow procedures and verbal instructions.
- Must be eager to learn a variety of tasks.
- Communicate as necessary with team leaders and coworkers.
Qualifications for Success:
- High school diploma or GED is preferred.
- Great attitude.
- Strong work ethic.
Keywords: Materials Science International, Inc., Columbus , Production Trainee - $1,500 signing bonus, Professions , Columbus, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!