Field Service Technician
Company: Battelle Memorial Institute
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Battelle delivers when others cant. We conduct research and
development, manage national laboratories, design and manufacture
products and deliver critical services for our clientswhether they
are a multi-national corporation, a small start-up or a government
agency.We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of
individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome
all qualified individuals to apply.We are currently seeking a Field
Service Technician to support the maintenance of security equipment
for the Department of Homeland Security Transportation Security
Administration (DHS - TSA). This position is located in multiple
locations:Bill and Hillary Clinton National Airport (LIT)Phoenix
Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX)Tucson International Airport
(TUS)Colorado Springs Municipal Airport (COS)Denver International
Airport (DEN)Grand Junction Regional Airport (GJT)Boise Airport
(BOI)Idaho Falls Regional Airport (IDA)Indianapolis International
Airport (IND)The Eastern Iowa Airport (CID)Des Moines International
Airport (DSM)Wichita Dwight D. Eisenhower National Airport
(ICT)Detroit Metro Wayne County Airport (DTW)Gerald R. Ford
International Airport (GRR)Capital Region International Airport
(LAN)Minneapolis St. Paul International Airport (MSP)Kansas City
International Airport (MCI)St. Louis Lambert International Airport
(STL)Billings Logan International Airport (BIL)Helena Regional
Airport (HLN)Missoula Montana Airport (MSO)Eppley Airfield
(OMA)Albuquerque International Sunport (ABQ)Bismarck Airport
(BIS)Hector International Airport (FAR)Tulsa International Airport
(TUL)Will Rogers World Airport (OKC)Sioux Falls Regional Airport
(FSD)Pierre Regional Airport (PIR)Austin Bergstrom International
Airport (AUS)Dallas Love Field Airport (DAL)Dallas/Fort Worth
International Airport (DFW)El Paso International Airport
(ELP)William P. Hobby Airport (HOU)Valley International Airport
(HRL)George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH)Lubbock Preston
Smith International Airport (LBB)San Antonio International Airport
(SAT)Green Bay Austin Straubel International Airport (GRB)Dane
County Regional Airport (MSN)General Mitchell International Airport
(MKE)Job SummaryThe Field Service Technician will perform general
maintenance tasks, troubleshoots and repair security screening
systems and peripheral equipment located throughout the
organization. Work involves most of the following:
- Examining machines and mechanical equipment to diagnose source
- Dismantling or partly dismantling machines and performing
repairs that mainly involve the use of hand tools and fitting
- Replacing broken or defective parts with items obtained from
- Ordering replacement parts from vendors or sending parts for
- Recording repair process.
- Prepare written specifications for major repairs.
- Reassembling machines and making all necessary adjustments for
- Prepares progress reports for all work performed.
- Battelle will provide equipment training and certification to
repair government owned equipment.
- Travel will be reimbursed at the government per-diem
- Repair and maintain equipment.
- Conduct safety tests of x-ray emissions and radioactive
- Record logs.
- Collect and transfer data.
- Communicate with airport personnel.
- Prepare reports.
- Work at airport locations.
- Work on call, which includes airport off hours, nights and
- Associate degree with 3 years of experience assembling or
maintaining electro-mechanical equipment; or an equivalent
combination of education and or experience.
- Attend training and obtain OEM certifications
- Understand hardware and software .
- Strong communication skills with the ability to interact with a
multi-faceted team, including federal clients and vendors.
- Ability to multitask under tight deadlines.
- Ability to lift parts up to 70 pounds, climb inside equipment,
climb ladders, bend over, squat, and work in tight spaces or areas
which are not environmentally controlled.
- Eligibility and willingness to obtain a Secret Clearance and
- Must be sole U.S. Citizen.Preferred Qualifications
- Associate degree with 5 years of experience assembling or
maintaining electro-mechanical equipment.
- Experience maintaining airport screening equipment.
- OEM Certification.Benefits: Live an Extraordinary LifeWe care
about your well-being, not just on the job. Battelle offers
comprehensive and competitive benefits to help you live your best
- Balance life through a compressed work schedule : Most of our
team follows a flexible, compressed work schedule that allows for
every other Friday offgiving you a dedicated day to accomplish
things in your personal life without using vacation time.
- Take time to recharge : You get paid time off to support
work-life balance and keep motivated.
- Prioritize wellness : Stay healthy with medical, dental, and
vision coverage with wellness incentives and benefits plus a
variety of optional supplemental benefits.
- Better together : Coverage for partners, gender-affirming care
and health support, and family formation support.
- Build your financial future : Build financial stability with an
industry-leading 401(k) retirement savings plan. For most
employees, we put in 5 percent whether you contribute or not, and
match your contributions on top of that.
- Advance your education : Tuition assistance is available to
pursue higher education.
- Flexible work arrangements : You have options for where you
work and when you work.A Work Environment Where You SucceedFor
brilliant minds in science, technology, engineering and business
operations, Battelle is the place to do the greatest good by
solving humanitys most pressing challenges and creating a safer,
healthier and more secure world.You will have the opportunity to
thrive in a culture that inspires you to:
- Apply your talent to challenging and meaningful projects
- Receive select funding to pursue ideas in scientific and
- Collaborate with world-class experts in an inclusive
- Nurture and develop the next generation of scientific
- Give back to and improve our communitiesVaccinations & Safety
ProtocolsBattelle may require employees, based on job duties, work
location, and/or its clients requirements to follow certain safety
protocols and to be vaccinated against a variety of viruses,
bacteria, and diseases as a condition of employment and continued
employment and to provide documentation that they are fully
vaccinated. If applicable, Battelle will provide reasonable
accommodations based on a qualified disability or medical condition
through the Americans with Disabilities Act or the Rehabilitation
Act or for a sincerely held religious belief under Title VII of the
Civil Rights Act of 1964 (and related state laws).Battelle is an
equal opportunity employer. We provide employment and opportunities
for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to
individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex
(including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, marital status, age, genetic information,
disability, veteran-status veteran or military status, or any other
characteristic protected under applicable Federal, state, or local
law. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to
grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and
organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for
equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified
employees at all levels within Battelle.The above statements are
intended to describe the nature and level of work being performed
by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, activities and skills
required of staff members. No statement herein is intended to imply
any authorities to commit Battelle unless special written
permission is granted by Battelle's Legal Department.For more
information about our other openings, please visit
Keywords: Battelle Memorial Institute, Columbus , Field Service Technician, Professions , Columbus, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!