Company: The Timken Company
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the
ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken.
Our associates make the world more productive by improving the
efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in
motion.PurposeThe Maintenance Supervisor serves to oversee and
manage all activities associated with maintenance of the plant. The
associate will be responsible for implementation and ongoing
management of systems and resources to ensure the functionality,
repair, maintenance, modification and upkeep as required of the
manufacturing equipment and plant. This position will supervise and
provide technical direction to the maintenance associates, such as
electrical technicians, mechanics, and machine repair. In addition,
the position will manage sub-contractors engaged in the maintenance
and modification of equipment and will be responsible for all
associated contracts and purchase orders. This position will also
make sure that all maintenance activities are performed following
the safety rules and all the legal requirements.
- Execute strategic direction as communicated by the Engineering
& Technical Service Manager while ensuring effective utilization of
resources in the advancement of the maintenance organization.
- Manage staffing plans, performance, and training for direct
- Coordinate resources to minimize equipment downtime and timely
completion of actions.
- Ensure a safe working environment, including safety training &
PPE requirements and work on implementing the appropriate safety
- Conduct regular safety and housekeeping audits of work areas
and follow up on all issues.
- Develop, implement, and maintain an effective preventative
maintenance strategy for manufacturing equipment. This program
should include a review of all equipment, identify resource
requirements, identify a process for engaging operations personnel
in routine maintenance.
- Support the Engineering & Technical Service Manager in tracking
failure metrics (plant KPIs).
- Ensure the upkeep and maintenance of the manufacturing
- Identify short term and long-term needs and assist the
Engineering & Technical Service Manager in establishing resources
and capital plans to meet these needs.
- Manage the activities of outside contractors and
sub-contractors for equipment installation, equipment modifications
- Reduce waste by identifying and improving value added and
eliminating non-value-added tasks.
- Manage the maintenance function and the suppliers, delivering
good quality service always trying to reduce costs in order to meet
BP targets. Technical Skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent verbal ans written communication
- Strong leadership and performance management
- Proficiency with MS Office; SAP/MS project experience
- Planning skills to minimize equipment downtime and coordinating
- Proficient knowledge if planned maintenance tools
- Be able to read engineering drawings; understand budgeting and
elementary business Education/Prior Job ExperienceMinimum-
Associates Degree in Business/MechanicalPreferred- Bachelor of
Business/Technical/Mechanical EngineeringMinimum of 3 years in a
related supervisory, maintenance roleMinimum of 3 years technical
experience in a manufacturing environment All qualified applicants
shall be treated equally according to their individual
qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment
standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender
identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age,
disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any
other basis protected by applicable law.
Keywords: The Timken Company, Columbus , Supervisor-Maintenance, Professions , Bucyrus, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...