DC Power Technician
Company: TrueNet Communications
Posted on: May 27, 2023
Join the TrueNet family as a DC Power Technician in the
Columbus, OH area. As a TrueNet team member you will receive
competitive benefits, excellent pay, and flexible work schedules.
TrueNet is a leading company in the Telecom Industry and always
looking for the perfect addition. The ideal candidate would have
the ability to work with minimal supervision as well as being a
successful team player, have outstanding communications skills and
experience in Telecommunication.The DC Power Technician is
responsible for structured cabling, installation of total
integrated voice and data systems, networks, and wireless. (This is
meant to be a guide. Duties may vary dependent upon management.)
-***Appx 50% travel within 6-hour drive. Most work is in Ohio, but
some work will be in PA and NJ. *** -Must Have:
Knowledge of switches, transport
equipment, and data networks.Experience of installation of
equipment like Calix, Ciena, Cisco, Juniper, Fujitsu, etc.Knowledge
of installation and troubleshooting of DC power, rectifiers, PDUs,
BDFB, BDCBBs, inverters, converters, and all associated
infrastructure.Installation of structured cabling that may include,
but not limited to coax, cat 5, fiber and the associated use of the
proper connectors and terminating procedures. -
Essential Position Functions:
- Has technical proficiency of structured cabling, installation
of total integrated voice and data systems, key systems, networks,
and wireless. -
- Completes any additions, removals, changes, upgrades and
maintenance to service contracts.
- Performs installations and maintenance of equipment.
- Performs engineering of new projects.
- Perform installation and maintenance of equipment
installations, central office equipment including: - iron work, AC,
transport equipment, and all infrastructures. - Occasionally
performs outside plant installation.
- Manage inventory of assigned tools.
- Ensures that all assigned tools are current on
- Submits ECR or Red Line for any change that would alter the
work items, assignments, and/or specifications.
- Must be proficient in writing and presenting a method of
procedure for our customers' approval.
- Stages all of the equipment and inventorying material for
- Assigns specific tasks to subordinates and monitors their work
ethics for efficiency, quality, and safety.
- Responsible for the accuracy in the installation of each and
all types of equipment installed.
- Performs a test for completeness or wiring to ensure all is
- Must coordinate the timely procedures of doing a power cut with
the customer within the maintenance window.
- Responsible for the accuracy of all final paperwork required
and turned over to the customer in a timely manner.
- Responsible for the start and completion of each project, which
must result in a quality, on time, profitable product that is
presented to our customer.
- Completes quality assurance procedures and checks the final
products for errors.
- Ensures the safety, quality, and efficiencies of the crew.
- Interfaces with customer contacts on projects and work
- Interfaces with the end user (contact person) and coordinates
with other vendors for each project when required by the
- Provides technical support for customer contacts and
technicians on request.Attends project planning and progress
meetings with or without the customer contacts
assigned.Understands, adheres to, and promotes the Environmental,
Health & Safety policies of all Telecommunication standards.
- Other duties as required. -Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required. -
- Vocational/Technical Business School Desired.
- Minimum of 5 years telecommunication training and/or
- Must have demonstrated proficiency and profitability at the
Technician III level. -
- Must have exceptional ability in the telephony that is outside
the general parameters of installation and technical
- Ability to think critically and problem solve.
- Must be able to handle confidential/sensitive information with
discretion and good judgement.
- Must be mechanically inclined and have a strong mechanical
- Must have intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Must be able to efficiently use a Windows-based
computer.Ability to prioritize and complete assignments accurately
and in a timely manner.Able to effectively handle multiple
priorities with a strong attention to detail in a fast-paced
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, oral and written
- Must be able to work alone, and with a team.
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and criminal background
check. -Physical Demands:The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
Prolonged standing. Climbing of
stairs, ladders, and/or scaffolds. Carrying of loads up and down
stairs. - Reaching and/or grasping. Stooping, kneeling, walking,
bending, crawling, and crouching. Carrying, pushing and/or pulling.
Finger and wrist dexterity and hand/eye coordination. Heavy
physical effort (usually lifting/moving up to 70 pounds). Ability
to effectively communicate with employees, management, peers, et
al. -Work Environment:The work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those of a standard office
environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Exposure to noisy or dusty
conditions. Exposure to chemicals and solvents. Exposure to
mechanical, electrical, and/or other hazards. Must be able to
travel up to 50% (most travel is planned well in advance).The
position requires working independently, as well as part of a
team.This position requires verbal and face-to-face contact with
others daily.Frequent use of a computer is necessary.This position
requires use of all general office equipment. -All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender
expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics,
disability, age or veteran status.TrueNet is an Equal Opportunity
Employer of Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities and
Protected Veterans.California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), -We are
interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in
the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas for
this position (H1B, etc.).TrueNet -Communications is a national
infrastructure engineering and specialty contractor serving the
wireless, broadband, and telecommunications markets. We plan,
design, build and support communications infrastructure for our
clients across North America. -Join our team of professionals where
you can advance your career in a fast pace, GROWING industry! We
offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, -401k, paid time
off and paid holidays.Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: TrueNet Communications, Columbus , DC Power Technician, Professions , Columbus, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...