Company: Disability Solutions
Posted on: September 20, 2023
Job Title:Vulnerability AnalystLocation:OH - WestervilleWhat
you'll do:The Vulnerability Assessment Analyst will be part of the
Platform Engineering team and performs assessments of systems and
networks within the target environment and identifies where those
systems/networks deviate from acceptable configurations or
established policies. They measure and demonstrate the
effectiveness of defense-in-depth architecture against known
vulnerabilities and will then make expert recommendations to
correct and strength security within the system. The Analyst will
be IT partner facing, which will require presentations and content
generation.What we are looking for: Essential Duties and
- Compiling and tracking vulnerabilities and mitigation results
to quantify program effectiveness.
- Creating and maintaining vulnerability management policies,
procedures, and training
- Analyze cyber defense policies and configurations and evaluate
compliance with regulations and organizational directives.
- Maintain knowledge of applicable cyber defense policies,
regulations, and compliance documents specifically related to cyber
- Prepare reports that identify technical and procedural findings
and provide recommended remediation strategies/solutions.
- Perform technical (evaluation of technology) and nontechnical
(evaluation of people and operations) risk and vulnerability
assessments of relevant technology focus areas (e.g., container
registry scanning, open-source vulnerability scanning, network/host
vulnerability scanning, cloud security posture management, and
source code scanning.
- Analyze CIS benchmarks compliance for multiple platforms
including on-premises and cloud resources and generate reports to
achieve compliance by meeting organizational security
- Create and manage incidents for resources or systems under
required compliance leveraging ServiceNow, WorkFront, and
- Maintain weekly reports for work-in-progress efforts across
platform engineering resources.
- Additional duties may be assigned as required.Required
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of network security architecture concepts includes
topology, protocols, components, and principles (e.q., application
of defense-in-depth, Information Technology Infrastructure Library
- Proven experience in vulnerability management, patch
management, or a related field, with a focus on Windows
- Strong knowledge of vulnerability scanning tools, such as
Rapid7 scanning tool, and patch management systems, including
- Experience with Microsoft technologies, including Windows
operating systems, Windows Defender, and other Windows security
- Familiarity with vulnerability frameworks, such as CVE, CVSS,
and CWE, as they apply to Windows technologies.
- Solid understanding of network protocols, operating systems,
databases, and web applications with a specific focus on Windows
and Linux platforms.
- Experience in coordinating and tracking remediation efforts
across multiple teams and stakeholders for Windows
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with keen
attention to detail.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability
to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Familiarity with regulatory requirements (e.g., PCI DSS, HIPAA,
GDPR) and industry standards (e.g., NIST, ISO 27001) as they
pertain to Windows technologies is desirable.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a dynamic,
- Proficiency in generating vulnerability and patch management
reports and metrics for Windows technologies.
- Sound Knowledge of managing and applying group policies.
- Knowledge of CIS benchmarks and Cloud CIS policies.
- Works well both in a team environment and independently.
- Sound judgment skills and ability to know when to escalate to
- Self-motivated to improve knowledge and skills.Educational
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, Information Security, or
a related field Required.
- Relevant certifications (e.g., CISSP, CISA, GIAC) are a
- 3+ years of overall IT experience.
- 2+ years of experience in vulnerability management.
- 2+ years of experience in incident management.
- 3+ years of experience in systems management and
- Willingness to be an integral member of a successful team.
- Dedication to providing the highest levels of service.
- Excellent attendance and reliability.
- Adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Dedicated to maintaining confidentiality in every aspect of the
- Limited traveling as needed.
- Provide on-call supportBenefits you'll love:We offer all the
important things you'd want - like competitive salaries, an
ownership stake in the company, medical and dental insurance, time
off, a great 401k matching program, tuition assistance program, an
employee volunteer program, and a wellness program. In addition,
you'll have the opportunity to bolster your business knowledge,
learning the ins and outs of how successful companies operate and
manage their finances, giving you invaluable hands-on experience to
help grow your career!About the company:Western Alliance Bank is a
wholly owned subsidiary of Western Alliance Bancorporation.
Alliance Bank of Arizona, Alliance Association Bank, Bank of
Nevada, Bridge Bank, First Independent Bank, and Torrey Pines Bank
are divisions of Western Alliance Bank; Member FDIC. AmeriHome
Mortgage is a Western Alliance Bank company.Western Alliance
Bancorporation is committed to equal employment and will consider
all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, color,
religion, age, nation origin, marital status, disability, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetic
information. Western Alliance Bancorporation is committed to
working with and providing reasonable accommodations for
individuals with disabilities. If you are an individual with a
disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any
part of the application process and/or need an alternative method
of applying, please email HR@westernalliancebank.com or call
602-386-2488. When contacting us, please provide your contact
information and state the nature of your accessibility issue. We
will only respond to inquiries concerning requests that involve a
reasonable accommodation in the application process.-- Western
Keywords: Disability Solutions, Columbus , Vulnerability Analyst, Professions , Columbus, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!