Posted on: September 20, 2023
If you're motivated by meaningful work that directly contributes
to the wellbeing of your community, the Nestle Quality Assurance
Center can offer you an unparalleled career. Our team is committed
to being a force of good, protecting the safety and wellbeing of
consumers across the nation. We provide comprehensive testing
services to all of Nestle's production facilities and
co-manufacturers, ensuring that our food and beverage products meet
the highest safety, quality, and regulatory standards. As an
organization, we're driven by our mission to strengthen consumer
trust, and have created a workplace where collaboration is
essential, courage is rewarded, speed is expected, and agility is
the norm.This position is not eligible for Visa
Sponsorship.Position Summary:This position performs and documents
routine tasks related to sample processing and assays using written
operating procedures, standard laboratory methods, and/or basic
laboratory techniques, functions and equipment. The position
conducts specific procedures and tests within the laboratory
requiring the use of applied knowledge and practical skills learned
from on-the-job experience; modify or adapt techniques to fit
special needs or problems; to calculate data from routine tests to
final results and to evaluate such results for accuracy where
expected findings are not precisely defined, but sufficient
guidelines exist for reference; to assist with and occasionally
perform specialized and non-routine tests and assays, and to
maintain records of such work; to coordinate and plan assigned work
with other technicians and scientists.Primary
Responsibilities:Provide support to laboratory department by
performing and/or coordinating a variety of Laboratory
- Registers and prepares samples for general analytical testing
through data entry, weighing and physical homogenization.
- Preps and performs routine to more complex analyses per NQAC
- Reads and records results of analyses, making sure to keep
identification numbers matched with correct samples.
- Operates basic laboratory equipment such as balances, pH meter,
- Prepares (and assures accuracy of) standards, reagents, etc.
needed for analyses.
- Functions as primary data generator, records and calculates
- Performs routine lab and department maintenance to keep area
clean and orderly.
- Conducts preliminary interpretations of data or observations,
and drafts short reports to supervisor.
- Carries out assignments in a timely, diligent, and safe manner
and performs work in accordance with NQAC SOPs.
- Assures adherence to safety regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.Provide assurance of quality
and support of quality processes for the Laboratory/Center.
- Assure quality of results by assisting with establishment and
maintenance of QA documents, plans and ICPs.
- Document QA data and report to lead or management.
- Assure equipment is maintained in reliable working order and
make repairs or modifications within the capability of the
Technician or request repairs.Processes/Methods
- Identify and resolve process problems.
- Participate/lead in Lean Laboratory initiatives.
- Assist in write-up, review, and provide proper documentation
for processes or methods as experience allows.Training
- Attend internal and external training programs as assigned by
- On-the-job instruction under direct supervision of other
technicians or scientists.
- Training other associates as experience and job needs
- High School diploma or equivalent required; undergraduate
degree in closely related science preferred (i.e. Microbiology,
Chemistry, Biology, et al.)
- Relevant academic coursework or 1 year practical relevant
experience in an analytical laboratory preferred.Skills:
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft Office Applications: Outlook,
Word, Excel, etc.)
- English Language Skills (Basic reading, writing, speaking,
- Ability to perform trained tasks at an above base level
- Contributes to a team environment and builds effective
- Speaks up and gives productive feedback.
- Moderate learning agility with ability to pick up new skills in
a timely manner.
- Can execute non routine tasks with little supervision.
- Emerging level initiative, results focus, and follow
through.Requisition ID:259507To our veterans and separated service
members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top
talent to join Nestle. The skills you've gained while serving our
country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much
like the skills that will make you successful in this role. In
addition, with our commitment to an inclusive work environment, we
recognize the exceptional engagement and innovation displayed by
individuals with disabilities. Nestle seeks such skilled and
qualified individuals to share our mission where you'll join a
cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestle home.The Nestle
Companies are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative
action employer seeking diversity in qualified applicants for
employment. All applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, gender, gender
identity, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability,
perceived disability, medical condition, genetic information,
veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected status,
as defined by applicable law. Prior to the next step in the
recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if
you may require any special accommodations in order to participate
fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at
firstname.lastname@example.org or please dial 711 and provide this
number to the operator: 1-800-321-6467.This position is not
eligible for Visa Sponsorship.
Keywords: Nestle, Columbus , Quality Technician, Professions , Dublin, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!