Facilities/Maintenance Specialist (GMP)
Company: Amplifybio, LLC
Location: New Albany
Posted on: November 18, 2023
Are you passionate about significantly improving the future of
medicine? Do you believe that people are the most important asset
of any company? If so, join AmplifyBio! AmplifyBio is a company
dedicated to building an integrated environment where clients can
access technologies, platforms, capabilities, and safety testing
for the scale up and commercialization of advanced therapies. We
began as a CRO, spun out from the Battelle organization in West
Jefferson, Ohio and are now proud to have added a site in South San
Francisco dedicated to discovery, optimization, and
characterization of client drug candidates and soon to launch
facility in New Albany, OH.The platforms and domain expertise at
our New Albany site will fill the critical gap that exists between
discovery and the clinical scale up of drug development. The team
here is dedicated to helping clients understand the biological and
immunological mechanisms and characteristics of their advanced
therapies to ensure product consistency and prevent unexpected
failures downstream.We partner with our clients, leveraging
state-of-the-art technologies and platforms we will enable our
customers to accelerate and improve the product development cycle,
from concept to commercial.When you join our team, you will be a
part of groundbreaking work while collaborating with our clients,
research scientists, study directors, lab technicians and
specialists across a variety of disciplines. Our chemists,
biologists, veterinarians, data scientists, engineers,
pathologists, and other experts collaborate to deliver new and
exciting breakthroughs. The future for AmplifyBio is as great as
the combination of our imaginations and actions, and we hold
ourselves accountable for our choices and results. We have a bias
for action, excellence, and, especially, the health and safety of
our employees.AmplifyBio's next step forward in advancing medical
breakthroughs, treatments, and cures for disease is to establish a
Cell & Gene Therapy (CGT) manufacturing and development facility.
We are seeking highly motivated individuals to help create and
define a first-of-its-kind CGT facility at our new site in New
Albany, OH.AmplifyBio is seeking to hire a Facilities/Maintenance
Specialist to join our growing team!!! The Facilities/Maintenance
Specialist is responsible for managing and/or completing all
maintenance, repairs, and improvements made to the AmplifyBio
facilities and to ensure EH&S and Sustainability compliance.
The position is also responsible for project planning and
coordination within the facilities. The Facilities/Maintenance
Specialist will work independently and will involve direct
management in cases where additional guidance is needed. What
You'll Do Here:
- Performing routine preventative maintenance on facilities Air
Conditioning equipment, Boilers and Chillers.
- Complete Facilities Work Requests for internal customers.
- Investigation, corrections, and documentation of internal
alarms from all "Monitoring Systems".
- Ordering and maintaining spare parts inventory and repair parts
associated with facility/Equipment work requests.
- Daily tours and verification of operation making necessary
adjustments of all facilities equipment located on rooftop, in the
central plant that may be supporting clean rooms and throughout the
- Documentation, meetings, organization, clean up.
- Carries out duties in compliance with established business
- This position has the responsibility to order necessary repair
parts as needed to complete facilities work request and minor
equipment repair. All purchases need to be approved by Senior
Manager, Facilities and or Engineering.
- This position functions with minimal supervision to perform the
job day-to-day. There are times when consensus is obtained in
troubleshooting equipment and system problems.
- This position will routinely make "on the spot" decisions
regarding equipment and system functions that require adjustment.
There is high degree of problem-solving ability required as
problems surround nearly all functions of this position.
Utilization of feedback is required to ensure that the correct,
assigned personnel have the necessary information to produce a
long-term solution to prevent repetitive adjustments and repairs,
and to ensure that new discrepancies are tracked, and necessary
documentation are written or updated to support
- HVAC equipment knowledge, required.
- Ability to troubleshoot basic PLC and automation
- Refrigeration systems knowledge and Refrigerant License,
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work independently,
- Basic computer skills including, file management, MS Word,
Internet, and Email, required.
- Experience with a computer-based work management system,
- Knowledge of QSR/ISO 9001, preferred. QMS.
- Excellent understanding and application of safety procedures,
- Excellent use of communication, cooperation, and interpersonal
- Excellent documentation skills, required.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work independently,
- Basic electro-mechanical skills, required.We Would Love to Hear
from You If:
- High School Diploma or GED with 5+ years of relevant experience
in Bio-pharmaceutical or similar regulated environment.
- Trade certification in HVAC, Electrical, or related technical
fields is highly desirable.
- Proven working knowledge of GMP facility systems including
HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing, and fire suppression systems.
- Must have ability to work with hand / power tools safely.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with external
suppliers/consultants and/or vendors on facilities and property
- Must be well organized and committed to a safe and clean
- Must be able to organize, prioritize and manage time well.
- Written, verbal and communication skills.
- General computer skills and familiarity in a Microsoft
- This position may require some heavy lifting (up to 50 lbs.,
heavier weights with assistance).
- Ability to work an 8 -hour shift while standing with periodic
- Ability to handle chemicals in a safe manner while donning
appropriate personal protective equipment.At AmplifyBio, we're
committed to growing and empowering an inclusive community within
our company and industry. Therefore, we hire and cultivate diverse
teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences,
and perspectives across our organization. Research shows that
oftentimes women and minority groups only apply to open roles if
they meet 100% of the listed criteria. AmplifyBio encourages
everyone - including women, people of color, individuals with
disabilities and those in the LGBTQIA+ community - to apply for our
available positions, even if they don't necessarily check every box
on the job description. Hire for attitude and train for aptitude
creates unique opportunities to build strong teams of smart,
motivated individuals who love what they do. AmplifyBio is an equal
opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We
don't discriminate on the basis of race, color, citizenship status,
national origin, ancestry, gender (including gender expression and
gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed,
physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status,
political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal,
state, or local law. AmplifyBio will not tolerate discrimination or
harassment based on any of these characteristics. If you have a
disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let
us know during the recruiting process. We are committed to the
safety and wellness of our employees and customers. Therefore,
COVID vaccination is required.Why You Will Love Working Here:We
take the health and happiness of our employees seriously and
consistently evaluate new ways to Amp up our benefits to provide an
amazing place to work. From a wellness program to financial
planning and legal assistance, we make sure to take care of our
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance that starts on your first
day at AmplifyBio!
- Competitive Compensation Package
- We take work-life balance seriously and we back it up with an
UNLIMITED PTO policy.
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Supplemental insurance
- LiveHealth Online
- Smart Shopper (helps you shop for better medical care and earn
cash rewards while you save)
- Generous paid parental leave
- Wellness and Self-Care Programs
- 401(k) match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- EAP/work-life support system
- A fun work environment where everyone's voice matters.
- We are just getting started! More benefits on the way!
- An Opportunity to Change the World!!!
Keywords: Amplifybio, LLC, Columbus , Facilities/Maintenance Specialist (GMP), Professions , New Albany, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!