Sr Consultant, Business Development
Posted on: October 12, 2018
If youre passionate about becoming a Nationwide associate and believe you have the potential to be something great, lets talk.
Number 54 on the Fortune Magazine 100 Best Places to Work.
The ideal candidate is innovative and a strategic thinker with strong financial acumen. He/She should have the ability to articulate the merits of a product/business opportunity and build an effective plan to bring it to market. Our outsourced business model require this individual to establish solid relationships with both internal and external stakeholders in order to remove barriers, identify and solve problems and to effectively execute the business plan.
JOB SUMMARY: Functions as highest subject matter expert for business development. Plans and executes sales development programs that directly support sales, profit, and/or market share growth efforts across multiple business units, segments, or channels. Develops business case for new sales expansion or coverage improvement opportunities in the largest target market(s), and negotiates with and influences leadership on pursuit. Forcasts business development opportunities and develops sales expansion strategies. Develops and Implements cross-functional and/or cross-business unit strategic sales initiatives. Develops and maintains key business relationships with groups or individuals within the largest or most crucial target market or channel. Provides and interprets market conduct information to management.
Reports to: the Director/AVP of either Sales or Business Development.
- Forcasts and develops business cases for pursuit of new sales expansion or coverage improvement opportunities within the largest or most crucial target markets. Presents business cases to management.
- Develops and executes large sales development programs in support of business unit, segment, or sales channel productivity goals. Ensures that initiatives and plans are consistent with the companys long-term vision and direction.
- Develops and implements cross-functional and/or cross-business unit strategic sales initiatives, and expansion strategies.
- Develops and maintains business relationships with key groups and/or individuals within the largest target market(s) for the purpose of sales expansion.
- Responsible for all communications, conflict resolution, and compliance with contractual agreements within assigned target market.
- Selects and recommends the largest or most crucial existing markets or channels to improve sales coverage.
- Partners with IT, Marketing, Sales, etc. to assess, evaluate, and establish sales expansion opportunities.
- Works with Marketing to develop materials for use in pursuing target market(s).
Develops large scale business development presentations for delivery to leadership.
- Uses subject matter expertise to lead business development planning and strategy projects.
Presents and uses market conduct and ROI reports to influence strategic decisions.
- May direct associate management including; performance management, training and development, workflow planning, hiring and placement, and disciplinary actions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Undergraduate degree in business administration or related field preferred.
Experience: Minimum of 9 years of sales or business development experience, preferably in the insurance or financial services or pet (e.g., pharmaceutical, buying groups, medical equipment) industries.
Knowledge: Expert knowledge of sales and business development practices. Knowledge of insurance and/or financial services and/or pet products. Strong business acumen.
Skills/Competencies: Expert verbal and written communication skills for interaction with the highest level individuals within the largest target group, information documentation and report formulation. Strong ability to understand and analyze business information needs, analyze data requests, and develop relationships. Expert presentation and management skills. Comfort in the presence of executive leadership. Competencies include; Customer Focus, Interpersonal Savvy, Relationship Building, Drive for Results, Optimism, Dealing with Ambiguity, Listening, Patience, Problem Solving, Directing Others, and Sales.
Values: Regularly and consistently demonstrates the Nationwide Values and Guiding Behaviors.
Staffing Exceptions to the above minimum job requirements must be approved by the: VP and HR VP
Overtime Eligibility: Not Eligible (Exempt)
Working Conditions: Spends the majority of time prospecting within assigned target market.
ADA: The above statements cover what are generally believed to be principal and essential functions of this job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some people assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of duties.
Job Evaluation Activity: Updated EMT 8/2013
Additional Job Description
Job ID: 53204
Keywords: Nationwide, Columbus , Sr Consultant, Business Development, Professions , Columbus, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!