Company: Schwebel Baking Company
Posted on: February 15, 2019
The Schwebel Baking Company is seeking a full-time shipper/loader position we have open in our Columbus, Ohio facility.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Checks product to be shipped against orders to ascertain that quantities, destination, and routing are correct.
- Receives and unloads incoming product and compares information accuracy of shipment; may process return shipments from customers.
- Sorts, counts, insures, unpacks, and/or logs product which is shipped or received.
- Inspects product shipments for damages; records discrepancies or damages and notifies manager and/or supervisor.
- Prepare routine reports, and file shipping/receiving records.
- May operate dolly, and/or pallet jack in loading and unloading products and equipment.
- Follows established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, and safety and environmental.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned, such as sanitation duties.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to maintain quality and safety standards.
- Ability to understand and follow safety procedures.
- Ability to receive, track, and distribute product.
- Ability to read, sort, check, count, and verify numbers.
- Ability to lift and manipulate heavy objects.
- Ability to perform basic math.
- Ability to detect problems and report information to appropriate personnel.
- Knowledge of commercial shipping methods and procedures a plus.
Rate of pay is $14.00/ hour. This individual must be able and willing to work weekends and holidays.
**Please note that this job profile is not meant to be all inclusive of the responsibilities of this position; individuals may perform other duties as assigned or required.**
Schwebels will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
The Schwebel Baking Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Keywords: Schwebel Baking Company, Columbus , Shipping Associate, Professions , Columbus, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!