LOCAL DRIVER-CLASS A-FULL TIME--$24.82 - $26.98
Company: Ward Trucking
Posted on: April 18, 2019
JOB TITLE: Local Driver- Class A-Full TimeREPORTS TO:-- Regional
Service Center ManagerOVERVIEW OF ROLE: To ensure the customer is
always serviced first by providing efficient and safe, claim-free
pickup and delivery service.-- Develop and maintain good customer
relations to grow our business. To exemplify Ward---s identity in
the marketplace as a Pallet Expert.DUTIES AND
- Develop and maintain effective relationships between the
Company and the customer.
- Perform pickup and delivery service on designated assignment
within standards of the WEIMS system.
- When required, unload and load trailer, either with or without
assistance of dockworkers, with or without mechanical freight
handling equipment.-- Properly perform task to assure safety and to
prevent damage to cargo.
- Ensure all shipment paperwork (pro numbers, manifest, bills of
lading, shipping orders, freight bills, etc.) required to move with
shipments are properly completed and that appropriate paperwork
accompanies each shipment when delivered.
- Reinforce marketing messages through daily conversations with
customers. Work to understand and support targeted growth
- Promote Ward---s identity in the marketplace as the Pallet
Experts by wearing the professional uniform within the guidelines
of Ward---s uniform policy.
- Demonstrate proper freight handling and blocking methods and
effective use of pallet tools.--Claims Prevention:
- Provide customers with claim-free handling of their freight
while performing pickup and delivery service on designated
assignment and within standards of the WEIMS system.
- Support Ward---s claim prevention process by working with O S &
D investigator at service center to report any overage, shortage or
damage at time of delivery.-- Offer feedback/suggestions on loading
practices to dock supervisors to prevent potential damage to
freight during P & D operation.
- Apply O S & D labels (provided in driver---s notebook) when
- Maintain safe driving record as required in P & D Manual ---
- Provide a positive representation of the company by
demonstrating safe, responsible driving practices.-- Operate
company vehicle in a safe manner by applying knowledge and skills
in maneuvering vehicle at varying speeds in difficult situations
such as heavy traffic, inclement weather, or in tight loading dock
areas.-- Perform pre-trip, enroute and post-trip inspections on
equipment.-- Ensure equipment defects are reported immediately.--
Keep tractor interior clean and orderly.--
- Ensure safe transport of hazardous material in compliance with
federal regulations.-- Check for proper preparation of shipping
papers and ensure papers and markings on freight agree.---- Ensure
the vehicle is properly loaded and placarded.
- Promptly report all accidents involving driver or company
equipment and any delays due to customers, breakdowns, weather or
traffic conditions, or other emergencies, or any irregularities
relating to pickup or delivery of freight.
- Submit all paperwork and documents required by Federal D. O. T.
and Ward Trucking in a timely manner.
- Participate in random DOT drug testing program.
- Maintain security of freight and equipment.--Communication:
- Offer dock supervisors feedback/suggestions on delivery loading
sequence of P & D units.
- Provide constant feedback to Dispatcher and/or Operations
Manager on freight characteristics in support of Ward---s CBS
- Provide feedback to Customer Service Coordinator and proper
Territory Sales Manager on specific customer concerns.
- Actively participate in driver meetings and driver sales huddle
meetings providing managers with feedback on customers, work
processes and the competition. Read internal newsletters such as
the Inside Lane and Driving Force to stay abreast of what---s
happening within the company.
- Using Nextel cellular phone, customer phones or pay phones,
regularly communicate with Dispatch the status of pickups and
deliveries and delays or other problems encountered at customer
facilities or on the roadway.
- Fully support all technologies and processes, introduced by
Ward, that are intended to improve efficiencies and/or the customer
experience.-- Support would include adherence to training programs,
guidelines and processes associated with these
- Must posses a valid Class A Commercial Drivers License with no
pattern of moving violations/accidents in either a personal or
commercial vehicle.-- Applicants with an ---E--- restriction
(automatic transmission only), or ---K--- restriction (intrastate
only) on their CDL will not be considered for hire until those
restrictions have been removed from their license.
- Must posses or be able to obtain a current DOT physical
- Must meet DOT and company requirements related to drug and
- Must pass a company road test.
- Two years of applicable tractor-trailer driving experience
- Must meet requirements of being 21 years of age or older
- Must have knowledge of and comply with DOT regulations
governing safe driving, hours of service, pre-trip and post-trip
inspection and maintenance, and transportation of hazardous
- Must be CDL certified with HazMat and Tank endorsements.
- Must be able to read and write and have the mental capacity to
manually complete required paperwork and reports, and be able to
operate a mobile communications system.
- Must have a desire to serve customers and support the Ward team
at the service center.
- Must meet the Company---s minimum qualified driver---s
requirements, as defined by the Safety Department.
- Must be able to work required hours.
- Must wear steel-toed shoes/boots.
- Must have a pleasing personality and cooperative
- Must be able to accurately read gauges and dials.
- Must be able to enter and exit the vehicle---s cab using
footholds and handholds.
- May be exposed to heat, cold, dust, irritants, etc.
- Must be able to successfully pass a post offer physical agility
test, specifically designed for the tasks associated with the
position. The physical demands for this position are "Heavy", as
defined by the Dictionary of Occupational Titles:-- Exerting 50 to
100 lb of force occasionally, and/or 25 to 50 lb of force
frequently, and/or 10 to 20 lb of force constantly to move objects,
physical demand requirements are in excess of those for medium
- Specific physical demands include, but are not limited
to:---------------------- - Carrying:-- Occasional, up to 75 lbs.,
up to 40 feet---------------------- - Pushing: Occasional,-- up to
600 lbs., up to 100 feet---------------------- - Pulling:
Occasional, up to 600 lbs., up to 100 feet---------------------- -
Lifting - Floor to Knee, Knee to Waist, Waist to Shoulder:
Occasional, up to 100 lbs.-------------------- - Stooping,
Twisting, Balancing, Bending, Climbing, Crouching, Kneeling,
Reaching-------------------------- (below--shoulder), Standing:
Occasional---------------------- - Reaching (shoulder or above),
Sitting: Frequent--This job description does not necessarily
represent an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties,
requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the
job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the
job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require
that other or different tasks be performed as circumstances
Keywords: Ward Trucking, Columbus , LOCAL DRIVER-CLASS A-FULL TIME--$24.82 - $26.98, Professions , Columbus, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!