Company: Gables Search Group
Posted on: November 26, 2022
I. SUMMARY The primary purpose and primary responsibilities of
this position are the following.
The Equipment & Supply Specialist position is responsible for
greeting and pleasantly assisting customers when they telephone
and/or enter the warehouse store. This position provides friendly,
helpful, knowledgeable, and trusted advice and assistance towards
helping customers select required/needed products; efficiently
finalizes payment, sales tax and delivery requirements; and
helpfully resolves shipment tracking, product warranty and return
"Follows-up" on the status of open customer quotes, orders,
backorders, vendor special orders, shipment tracing, customer
call-backs, and overdue customer account balances to finalization
of prompt completion and resolution.
Insures product displays remain neat, clean, and well presented in
the assigned areas. This includes insuring price signs and tags for
displays, and individual items are accurate and prominently
displayed, and quarterly price changes are promptly and accurately
Remains aware of new products added to the store and changes within
the company's quarterly sales flyer. Studies product specification
sheets and understands practical differences in the products
carried. Attends manufacturer/representative training sessions and
asks necessary questions to maintain, and increase knowledge of
store merchandise, and those available for special order.
Keeps warehouse store management aware of problems and
opportunities, and properly obtains assistance when needed.
II. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES The essential duties and
responsibilities that are required to be performed by the position
include the following.
- Follows proper store and customer priorities by:
- Servicing customers at the counter.
- Servicing customers on the sales floor.
- Servicing customers on the phone.
- Following up and resolving open customer quotes, orders, order
tracking, vendor special orders, etc.
- Performing store product and inventory care.
- Furthering personal product knowledge.
- Provides friendly, courteous, sincere, helpful, knowledgeable,
efficient, customer service.
- Promptly greets customers as they arrive and/or telephone the
store. Helpfully accompanies customers to desired in-store
products. Maintains customer eye contact. Converses in a friendly,
courteous, sincere, helpful, knowledgeable, efficient and
- Demonstrates a sincere interest in creating a trusted long-term
customer relationship rather than maximizing the current sale.
Learns, remembers and addresses customers by their names.
Knowledgeably asks questions needed to fully understand the
customer's food service operation, volume and economic needs.
- Knowledgeable of in-store products, flyer and store locations,
and product availability. Comfortably explains features, benefits,
usage, product care, and warranty protection. Comfortable in the
justification of product prices, and goes out of the way to
sincerely help the customer make the best informed and economical
selection for their individual needs.
- Provides cost saving tips and alternates (including special
advertised priced items, clearance and buyout bargains, discounted
scratch & dent and discontinued items, and used equipment
alternatives, and suggests meaningful, helpful, needed accessories
and related items to customers.
- When inventory needed by the customer is not available at REI,
goes out of the way to find and coordinate solutions including
substitutions, back orders and non-stock order options, and
alternate suppliers when needed.
- Efficiently and accurately finalizes customer order, tax,
payment, shipping/delivery, and invoicing procedures (including
those for customer returns) while adhering to internal security
- Applies good judgment in obtaining assistance from other
specialists and management when needed.
- Daily reviews Customer reporting including; Open Quotes,
Orders, Backorders, Special Orders, and Shipment tracking.
- Verifies that all customer orders are being handled
appropriately by tracking open status, coordinating deliveries, and
- Follows up with customers on open customer quotes and orders,
keeps customers advised of issues with delayed shipments, payment
and tax issues, customer order tracking requests, and other
customer requirements needed to finalize and/or resolve their
- Contacts customers, vendors, and shipping companies to
coordinate merchandise returns and collection of unpaid funds and
overdue account payments, and properly documents in the "Past Due
Accounts Action Log" the efforts taken.
- Documents (in the order comments section) all efforts made in
finalizing customer quotes, orders, special orders, drop shipment
orders, returns, etc.
- Insures the assigned display areas in the store remain clean,
organized, properly and accurately ticketed, signed, and displayed.
- Assists in replacing, cleaning and organizing the store and
inventory as needed.
- As assigned by Management, performs detailed price check audit
of assigned areas when the quarterly flyer is issued.
- Obtains assistance from Management as needed.
- SUPPORT OF CULTURE The incumbent is expected to be committed to
support Restaurant Equippers' cultural goals by personally
participating in the maintaining of the following objectives.
- Pleasant, Enjoyable Workplace: Participates in maintaining a
pleasant and enjoyable workplace where everyone can enjoy coming to
work and feel safe in professionally expressing opinions and ideas.
Treats one another, the company and our business community (i.e.
customers, associates, providers, and products) with care and
respect. Deals honestly and openly with one another, our company
and our business community.
- Positive, Loyal, Enthusiastic Company Support: Provides
positive, loyal and enthusiastic support to one another, our
company and our business community. Remains alert to needs, and
whenever possible goes out of the way to help customers, other
associates, and/or management (without being asked, or deciding
"It's not my area" or "It's not my job").
- Confidentiality and Professionalism Keeps business affairs
confidential both within the company and outside the company.
Rather than "gossiping" about business affairs with others, brings
questions and/or concerns to management for resolution.
- The Customer Always Comes First Period! Remembers that the
customer is the only reason we are here to receive a pay check, and
makes certain the customer always comes first. Consistently
supports Restaurant Equippers' belief that it is more important to
create a long term customer relationship than to maximize a sale.
Enjoys helping customers, and utilizes each customer's visit (or
phone call) to build a relationship. Consistently goes "out of the
way" to make each customer's experience helpful, pleasant,
rewarding and memorable.
- SUPERVISORY/MANAGERIAL RESPONSIBILITIES The position has
supervisory responsibility over the following positions.
- MAJOR INTERNAL CONTACTS The position has major interaction with
the following internal associates.
- Daily contact with the following:
- Store Manager
- Store Assistant Manager
- Equipment & Supply Specialists
- Inventory Control/Warehouse Manager
- General Store Warehouse Associates
- Weekly contact with the following:
- Merchandise & Replenishment Manager
- Re-Buyer Import/Domestic
- Re-Buyer Domestic
- Senior Buyers
- MAJOR EXTERNAL CONTACTS The position has major interaction with
the following external vendors, suppliers, professionals and other
- Daily contact with the following:
- Periodic contact with the following:
- Manufacturer Representatives
- Freight Carriers VII. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Required High School Diploma or GED.
- Preferred Associate's Degree from a two year college or
- At least 6 months of experience and/or training in food service
operations management or food service equipment sales and service
- Minimum requirement of 1 year of intensive computer usage
experience; including, keyboarding, e-mail communication, internet
usage, and use of multiple software packages.
- Ability to speak Mandarin Chinese or Spanish is preferred.
VIII. SKILL REQUIREMENTS The position requires the following
- Demonstrated ability engaging and connecting with customers
through building long term personal and trusted relationships, and
sincerely helping them make the best selection for their specific
Keywords: Gables Search Group, Columbus , Sales Consultant, Sales , Columbus, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!