Cytology Sales Specialist - Midwest/Great Lakes
Company: Becton Dickinson and Company
Posted on: September 15, 2018
Job Description Summary BD has a new opening for a Regional Cytology Sales Specialist (RCSS). Region consists of Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Kentucky, and West Virginia. The ideal candidate will be centrally located in the territory and would reside in Ohio. The Regional Cytology Sales Specialist will be responsible for identifying and closing new business at large hospitals and laboratories throughout the territory to drive new business for Cytology instrument placements, GS upgrades, protection of the base business by contract extensions with price increases and grow the overall Sure Path reagent and Focal Point Fee-Per-Use as well as newly introduced Womens Health assays such as HPV. The position will partner with the assigned BDDS sales associates to fully develop and implement regional and strategic account sales plan(s) involving multiple stakeholders and buyers in the hospital/laboratory adoption of assigned product portfolio. Job Description The RCSS develops and implements a regional and strategic account sales plan to grow the focused product business, while coordinating efforts to fully utilize the entire BD selling team consisting of DAE, Womens Health Specialist (WHS), Molecular Sales Specialist (MSS) Manual Microbiology Specialist (MMS), Non-Acute Account Managers (NAAM) and Clinical Application Specialist (CAS). As such, this role is responsible for sales, sales forecasting, marketing feedback, best practices development, ongoing training and development, reference site development, and customer satisfaction relative to sales activities. Additional Responsibilities:
- The RCSS is responsible to have command of BDs long term strategic direction for Womens Health and to be able to communicate that strategy to the customer. Using this knowledge, demonstrate the value messaging of the assigned product portfolio to be consistent with the needs of the customer.
- Is fully competent in Cytology applications and serve as the cytology technical expert, capital equipment expert and to drive sales of BDs complete current cytology portfolio and any new solution portfolio to be introduced in the near future.
- Working closely with the sales team(s) in region to identify and close new accounts, attain or exceed the overall sales plan for the designated platform of products within the RCSS territory
- Develops and implements a regional and strategic account sales plan involving multiple stakeholders and buyers in the hospital / laboratory adoption of designated products and platforms.
- Call on prospective customers, create demand, communicate medical, clinical and patient outcome benefits, deliver product information and demonstrations, and prepare economic models/ proposals and quotes within company guidelines.
- Develop and implement sales and marketing plans, including customer profiling, targeting and call schedules, to ensure achievement of all sales objectives
- Demonstrate the ability to work cooperatively with all BD personnel as a member of the regional account team to achieve regional objectives through the communication of successful tactics and recommendations for continuous improvements in procedures, strategies, and specific processes.
- Work with key support staff, such as the Applications Specialist and other technical support team members, to develop and implement key account evaluation plans and to update colleagues on a quarterly basis or more frequently as appropriate.
- Generate leads and sales by participating in state, regional, and national meetings as directed by Sales Management. Activities include pre-meeting display setup if necessary; meeting support, post meeting display disassembly as needed
- Participate on cross-functional product launch teams. Work closely with the other DS sales and Marketing Product Managers to gather best practice and centers of excellence data
- Actively participate in all training sessions and demonstrate proficiency by testing or other means as assigned at session completion.
- Manage administrative duties as assigned: monitoring expenses to budget (free goods / samples), timely administrative and call reporting, funnel and competitive data entries, use and maintenance of Company assets and adhering to OHSA and Universal Lab precautions, as applicable, and all consistent with BD Company policy. Minimum Qualifications include:
- BA/BS required; Life Sciences or Biological areas preferred
- 3+ years documented successful cytology instrument or capital sales experience required; 5+ years preferred
- Previous experience with (capital equipment/molecular diagnostics and/or H&E products in the medical marketplace) involving complex selling situations highly preferred.
- Proven track record in developing new capital equipment business on a yearly basis.
- Must be self-motivated to succeed and have a mastery of the complex sales process.
- Computer proficiency is required, including skills with the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated comprehensive knowledge of current U.S. healthcare trends that can be integrated into regional sales strategies.
- Demonstrated strong organizational, territory management, account assessment and relationship development skills.
- Demonstrated analytical thinking abilities with financial orientation applicable to contract proposals and profitability, budget, and expense management.
- Proven ability to adapt to changing markets and or territory conditions while maintaining all objectives and/or goals.
- Demonstrated ability to operate independently and strategically to achieve individual and corporate goals.
- Proven ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents such as purchase agreements, financial reports, professional journals, package inserts, technical procedures, and government regulations. Primary Work Location USA MD - Baltimore Additional Locations Work Shift
Keywords: Becton Dickinson and Company, Columbus , Cytology Sales Specialist - Midwest/Great Lakes, Sales , Columbus, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!